My guest in this conversation is Scott Young. Since 2006, Scott has deeply explored the question of how one can learn best. In 2019, Scott published Ultralearning, a Wall Street Journal bestseller on how to rapidly learn difficult skills and the principles behind effective, rapid learning.
In addition to his writing, Scott has completed two very well known public learning experiments
- The MIT challenge, where he attempted to learn all of MIT’s four year computer science curriculum in less than one year with no classes
- The year Without English, where he attempted to learn four languages in a year and speak no English
In this conversation, we cover a lot of ground about how to practically acquire new skills and learn amidst the messiness of real life. Whether you’re a new parent trying to carve out time for that side project, or you’re a swamped company leader who needs to learn something new to take your team to the next level, or maybe you wish you’d finally learn that language—then this episode is going to help you.
I hope you enjoy this conversation as much as I did. Please enjoy learning with Scott Young.
SCROLL BELOW FOR LINKS AND SHOW NOTES
- Send episode feedback on Twitter @askotzko , or via email
- Scott Young: website, Twitter
- Related episodes
- People & orgs
- Other resources mentioned